Sunday, January 1, 2012

Less of Me

I'm excited about this year. To be completely honest, 2011 was not exactly my best year. And neither was 2010. Really, I've spent the past couple years trying to do things on my own and in my own timing. I'm probably not the most patient person and it's gotten me in to some trouble from time to time. Anyone who knows me knows that I arrive to EVERYTHING at least ten minutes early. If I'm having guests over for supper at 7:00 PM, I will more than likely have the table set by noon. Nothing drives me more crazy than having time to kill. I guess you could say I rush things along. I'm constantly planning ahead, arranging and rearranging things in my mind. Don't be like me. I don't think all these things are necessarily bad qualities, I just tend to get a little OCD about them. Once again, don't be like me. This year, though, it truly is the desire of my heart to just let go and trust that God has already created the timeline for my life. EEEEEEEK. Just saying that stresses me out. But it's true. I mean, let's face it. My own approach hasn't exactly worked out for me the last four or five years. So why not give this whole faith thing a whirl, right? Honestly, at this point, I don't have a whole lot to lose. And I have a feeling I've got a lot to gain if I'll just trust Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment