Saturday, January 14, 2012

Today Is Weird.

First of all, a huge shout out to my boy, Justin Timberlake, for getting me through my run today. I really didn't think I had it in me, but when Senorita started playing and he was singing about that brown eyed girl, I just imagined sweating it out on the dance floor with Justin himself, and as crazy as it sounds, that's what kept my feet hitting the pavement. Anyway.
Speaking of Justin, there's a couple lines in one of his songs that says "....Loneliness only wants you back here with me but common sense knows that you're not good enough for me." Let me just clarify one thing before I go any further: I know I wear my heart on my sleeve. A lot. That's just who I am. While I know this isn't a bad thing, I know it's not always the greatest either. But today, I'm feeling weird and sappy and a little bit sad (what an odd combination of emotions) so I'm gonna go with the whole "it's not a bad thing" and just pour it all on ya. Today I'm lonely. Today I really wish I was in love. And with someone who was excited to order carry out and watch Tebow beat Tom Brady tonight. Today I want to curl up next to a man I love and laugh with him. My uncle Roger is always telling me to learn to be content in being "alone." While this is something I strive to really grasp, I can't lie. Today, I just don't wanna be content in this loneliness. I want a man that is no less than six foot, brown eyed, dark headed, and strong to walk through my front door in cowboy boots and a hat (and if he had chaps on, I wouldn't make him leave). So, bottom line is I'm lonely. And it would be super easy to settle for what's familiar, for what I've known the past four years. Even if familiar sucked big time. But common sense knows familiar is not good enough for me. I don't know how many more days, or weeks, or months it'll take for me to not have a day where I don't miss the familiar, but today I do. And I don't feel bad about it. Tomorrow is a new day, though. And tomorrow won't be so weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment