Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Ozarks

I love that I grew up in The Ozarks. It's such a beautiful place to live. There's nothing quite like the rolling hills covered in orange, red, and yellow leaves in the fall. There's nothing more powerful than a summer sunset here in The Ozarks. I can't imagine growing up anywhere else. I love the small town feel and the sense of community and I have to admit, I like that I can't go to town without seeing several people I've known my entire life. What I love the most, though, is that my family lives here, too. I could be to my brother's house in five minutes. My Gramma lives just down the road. We're all just right here. And I hope that never changes.
Here's another crazy thing I love about The Ozarks: bluegrass music. Seriously, people. Where else can you find a fiddle, a banjo, guitar, dobro, an upright bass, and a group of backwoods hillbillies eager to play you a song about these beautiful rolling hills? It's right here. I know you're probably all thinking The Deliverance, but try not to let your mind go there. Sorry about that.
I love that all my childhood memories are from right here. Entire summers spent at the ball field at Morse Park. Birthday parties at Big Spring Park. Elliff Court and summer nights collecting lightening bugs in mason jars and playing hide and seek with the neighbor kids.
I love that this is where I'll raise my babies and they'll get to experience the same breathtaking sights that I've had the privilege to see day after day.This is where it's at, people. And this is where you'll always find me. Right here in the heart of The Ozarks.

No comments:

Post a Comment